The PO.DAAC would like to announce the release of our THREDDS (Thematic Real-time Environmental Distributed Data Services) Data Server to access selected PO.DAAC Datasets.The THREDDS Data Server (TDS) is a web server that provides metadata and data access for scientific datasets, using OPeNDAP, OGC WMS and WCS, HTTP, and other remote data access protocols. The TDS is developed and supported by Unidata, a division of the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR), and is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
The PO.DAAC THREDDS Data Server serves the contents of selected PO.DAAC DATASETS through a web catalog service that allows users to select data (granule) from a hierarchal tree that mirrors the PO.DAAC FTP site or predefined yearly virtual datasets (data aggregated by time) for subsetting or viewing through the provided data access services.
Datasets supported by PO.DAAC TDS:
- GHRSST Level 2P Gridded Global Subskin SST AMSR-E (.25deg/25km)
- MODIS Aqua Level 3 Thermal IR Monthly 4km Daytime (.0417deg/4km)
- MODIS Aqua Level 3 Thermal IR Monthly 4km Nighttime (.0417deg/4km)
- GHRSST Level 4 AVHRR_OI Global Blended Sea Surface Temperature Analysis (.25deg/25km)
- GHRSST Level 4 G1SST Global Foundation Sea Surface Temperature Analysis (.001deg/1km)
- GHRSST Level 4 MUR Global Foundation Sea Surface Temperature Analysis (.001deg/1km)
- Cross-Calibrated Multi-Platform Ocean Surface Wind Vector L3.5A Monthly First-Look Analyses (.25deg/25km)
- SeaWinds on QuikSCAT Level 3 Daily Gridded Ocean Wind Vectors (.25deg/25km)
- GRACE Monthly Ocean Mass Grids (1.0deg/100km)
- GRACE Monthly Land Mass Grids (1.0deg/100km)
- OSCAR third degree Resolution Ocean Surface Currents (.33deg/33km)
- Aquarius Simulated Level 3 Sea Surface Salinity Standard Mapped Image Daily (1.0deg/100km)
Please let us know if there are other PO.DAAC datasets that you would like added to TDS.