- Dataset Discovery
- Data Access
- Sea Surface Salinity
- Sea Surface Temperature (SST)
- Ocean Currents & Circulation
- Ocean Wind
- Ocean Surface Topography
- Sea Ice
- User Community
2012 UWG Meeting HW#1: Web Portal/Data Discovery
There will be in total two homework assignments: one geared towards the web portal/data discovery and the other towards tools and services. The one attached is in regards to the web portal/data discovery.
In addition to yourselves, if you could distribute the homework to some of your colleagues.
New web portal
Please review the new web portal and provide your general thoughts about the layout, content and usefulness of the portal.
Please review the Mission and Measurement Pages.
1. Are they useful? Complete?
2. Is there additional information that should be added?
Please review the Forums.
1. Are they useful?
2. How could they be improved upon?
From the home page, use the “Browse Dataset” section to locate two or more datasets familiar to you. Please answer the following questions:
1. Were you able to easily navigate to the relevant Dataset Information pages? If not, what problems did you experience?
2. Comment on the usability of the navigation options (facets)?
3. Did the Information Tab contain all the information you require to utilize the dataset?
4. Were you able to easily access the data?