Please be informed that the Remote Sensing Systems (REMSS) GHRSST Level-4 datasets (MW_OI and MW-IR_OI) have been upgraded from version v4.0 to v5.0. Several improvements have been made in this update, including:
1. GPM Microwave Imager (GMI) is added to both MW_OI and MW-IR_OI products.
2. Suomi-NPP VIIRS is added to the MW_IR_OI product.
3. The diurnal warming model is updated.
4. The sensor-specific error statistics (SSES) for each microwave sensor are updated.
5. The quality control of sensor SST is adjusted so the rain (MW) or cloud (IR) erosion is consistent.
6. The sensor correlation model is updated.
Both of the datasets contain global near daily-coverage Sea Surface Foundation Temperature (SSTfnd) with resolution of 25 km for MW-OI and 9 km for MW-IR_OI in a netCDF4 format adhering to the GDS2 specification. They are available at the PO.DAAC with three to six day latency. For more information, please visit PO.DAAC data information pages at https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/dataset/MW_OI-REMSS-L4-GLOB-v5.0 and https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/dataset/MW_IR_OI-REMSS-L4-GLOB-v5.0.
Data access is currently through FTP, OPeNDAP and THREDDS at locations such as:
1. MW_OI_v5.0: ftp//podaac-ftp.jpl.nasa.gov/allData/ghrsst/data/GDS2/L4/GLOB/REMSS/mw_OI/v5.0
2. MW-IR_OI_v5.0: ftp//podaac-ftp.jpl.nasa.gov/allData/ghrsst/data/GDS2/L4/GLOB/REMSS/mw_ir_OI/v5.0
The GDS2 specification document can be found here:
More information on the GHRSST project can be found here: