As detailed in the 12 July 2021 announcement, the PO.DAAC data archive is being migrated to the NASA Earthdata Cloud, hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS). In an effort to best support the users as they begin transitioning their workflows or data access points to a cloud-based process, PO.DAAC is making the existing datasets from its archive available from and within the Earthdata Cloud as soon as they are available. Information and tutorials about how to access these datasets can be found on the Cloud Data Migration Page. Users may also find the recent PO.DAAC Webinar useful as they begin their journey to using cloud-based data.
We are pleased to announce the public availability of 17 datasets from the Phase 2 cloud migration made accessible from and within the NASA Earthdata Cloud. Together with those done in Phase 1, currently we have 106 migrated datasets hosted in AWS.
- CYGNSS_L1_RAW_IF (DOI: 10.5067/CYGNS-L1RIF)
- CYGNSS_NOAA_L2_SWSP_25KM_V1.1 (DOI: 10.5067/CYGNN-22511)
- CYGNSS_L2_CDR_V1.0 (DOI: 10.5067/CYGNS-L2C10)
- GOES15-OSPO-L2P-v1.0 (DOI: 10.5067/GHG15-2PO02)
- AHI_H08-STAR-L2P-v2.70 (DOI: 10.5067/GHH08-2PO27)
- AMSR2-REMSS-L3U-v8a (DOI: 10.5067/GHAM2-3UR8A)
- SEVIRI_IO_SST-OSISAF-L3C-v1.0 (DOI: 10.5067/GHSIO-3CO01)
- VIIRS_NPP-OSPO-L3U-v2.61 (DOI: 10.5067/GHVRS-3UO61)
- ABI_G16-STAR-L3C-v2.70 (DOI: 10.5067/GHG16-3UO27)
- ABI_G17-STAR-L2P-v2.71 (DOI: 10.5067/GHG17-2PO71)
- ABI_G17-STAR-L3C-v2.71 (DOI: 10.5067/GHG17-3UO71)
- AHI_H08-STAR-L3C-v2.70 (DOI: 10.5067/GHH08-3CO27)
- AVHRR_SST_METOP_B_GLB-OSISAF-L3C-v1.0 (DOI: 10.5067/GHGMB-3CO02)
- AVHRR_SST_METOP_B_NAR-OSISAF-L3C-v1.0 (DOI: 10.5067/GHNMB-3CO02)
- GMI-REMSS-L3U-v8.2a (DOI: 10.5067/GHGMI-3UR8A)
- OISST_HR_NRT-GOS-L4-BLK-v2.0 (DOI: 10.5067/GHOHN-4GB20)
- OISST_HR_NRT-GOS-L4-MED-v2.0 (DOI: 10.5067/GHOHN-4GM20)
Please note that each user must create a free Earthdata Login Account in order to download files or access PO.DAAC data through the Earthdata Cloud.
PO.DAAC will continue to distribute these data from the on-premise via PO.DAAC Drive, in addition to making our data available via Earthdata Cloud endpoints. However, on-premise access (i.e., Drive) will be discontinued for migrated datasets at the end of each transition phase (March 2022 for this current phase), as noted on the Migration section of the PO.DAAC Cloud Data page. For up-to-date information on the migration timeline, please subscribe to the PO.DAAC mailing list.
We encourage all PO.DAAC users to complete their transition of legacy data access scripts and methods to conform to cloud data access endpoints at their earliest convenience. To ensure a successful transition for all PO.DAAC users, our User Services team is standing by to address all technical issues and concerns. A PO.DAAC in the CLOUD Forum has also been set up. For additional information on the PO.DAAC Data Migration to the Earthdata Cloud, please see the announcement from 12 July 2021, the PO.DAAC Cloud Data Page, or the list of resources below.
Summary of Additional Cloud Resources*
- Cloud Data page with About, FAQs, Resources, Access Data and Migration information
- PO.DAAC in the CLOUD Forum
- Scripted Access video and python script
- Bulk Download guide
- PO.DAAC Github
- Obtain Earthdata Login Account
- Earthdata Common Metadata Repository (CMR) API
- Earthdata Search Client
- PO.DAAC Cloud Earthdata Search Portal
- Earthdata Cloud Primer documents
*Note: These will continue to evolve and grow as we move forward with the cloud migration.