Looking for daily Sea Surface Salinity data products

Looking for daily Sea Surface Salinity data products

Postby podaac » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:44 pm

User Question:
Hello, I'm looking for daily Sea Surface Salinity data products.

Does that exist? I'm only seeing data available for up to June 7, 2015.

I was hoping to get something more recent. Please advise if more recent updates in SSS exists, and how to obtain these products.

Reply:
Unfortunately, there are no more recent data from Aquarius. On June 7, 2015 at 12:53:17 UTC the Aquarius/SAC-D observatory suffered a mission-ending hardware failure resulting in the permanent cessation of data flows. The entire Aquarius data record spans a full 3 year, 9 month period from 8/25/2011 – 6/7/2015. Version 4.0 of the Aquarius data is the Official NASA end-of-prime mission data for the Aquarius/SAC-D mission. While no further forward processing of data is possible, a release of a V5.0 end-of-mission dataset is expected in future. There are also efforts underway to derive remotely sensed salinity from the NASA SMAP satellite mission, but that is likely several months away.

To view previous announcement, please see:
https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/announcemen ... nouncement
podaac
Site Admin

Re: Looking for daily Sea Surface Salinity data products

Postby ethanwilliam » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Yes I am looking for these things, thanks for giving this information here. I am very happy to get this website. This is really an useful information, I wish to never miss any data from you. Ones again thanks for sharing.
ethanwilliam

Postby bralex » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:10 am

Me too, I'm looking for daily Sea Surface Salinity data products...
bralex

Postby podaac » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:34 pm

For Sea Surface Salinity information and for links to data products and tools and services, please visit: https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/SeaSurfaceSalinity

Also, you may want to view a recording of our recent webinar:
PO.DAAC Webinar: Don't Pass the Salt! SMAP (viewtopic.php?f=64&t=940&hilit=smap)

This webinar provides an overview of the similarities and differences between salinity data collected by Aquarius and SMAP. It also includes demonstrations of PO.DAAC tools that can be used to visualize various salinity datasets.
podaac
Site Admin

Return to General Information FAQ