retrieving Remote sensing data

retrieving Remote sensing data

Postby kaus_23 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm

I am a Masters student and i am doing research on wind mapping. I just want to know how to retrieve the data from Nasa's site.

Thank you
kaus_23

Re: retrieving Remote sensing data

Postby podaac » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Are you developing your own software to perform wind mapping, or are you looking for external services to provide mapping on-the-fly? Also, do you need wind speed, zonal wind speed, meridional wind speed, wind direction, or all of the above?

If you are looking for an external service to perform wind mapping, please take a look at the PO. DAAC Live Access Server (LAS) - http://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/las

The Live Access Server (LAS) enables you to: visualize data with on-the-fly graphics; request custom subsets of variables in a choice of file formats; access background reference material about the data (metadata); compare (difference) variables from distributed locations. LAS is a highly configurable web server designed to provide flexible access to geo-referenced scientific data.

For a guide and tutorial to using LAS see ftp://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/misc/web/tutorials/las/

Video Tutorial on LAS Usage for Visualization & Subsetting
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=374&p=684&hilit=las#p684

Thank you for your inquiry.
podaac
Site Admin

Return to General Questions