MUR SST Analysis data access for the Coral Triangle

MUR SST Analysis data access for the Coral Triangle

Postby podaac » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:38 pm

User Inquiry:
I am a Climate and Atmospheric Science student and I wondered whether it would be at all possible to inquire about access to the MUR SST Analysis dataset?

My research project will involve using climate models to identify resilient coral reefs, mangroves and seagrass beds in the Coral Triangle. I'll be
generating high resolution projections for sea surface temperature in the region through statistical downscaling and investigating the potential ecosystem responses.

I would require SST data from 2003 to 2017 at 0.01 degree resolution for the Coral Triangle region (100-160 degrees longitude and -10-20 degrees latitude).
Would you be able to tell me the best way to access the data for the region required?

I would be happy to provide any further information about my project or answer any questions.

Thank you for your time.

Reply to user:
Yes we do have a python script that allows you to select a rectangular region from MUR SST product and deliver you a timeseries. The link to the old script that I have used in the past is: ftp://mariana.jpl.nasa.gov/mur_sst/tmch ... endapL4.py

which let you specify the rectangle and dates like this: opendapL4.py --region 100 160 -20 -10 --start 2003 01 01 --finish 2017 12 31

Here is the hard ftp link to the script: ftp://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/allData/commo ... dataset.py

Also, for additional information, please see the following PO.DAAC forum post that describes this recipe in more detail. Let us know how it works out !

Forum post that references the software is here: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=219
podaac
Site Admin

Re: MUR SST Analysis data access for the Coral Triangle

Postby finchalex » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 am

Climate change is a subject that I really love about.

Thanks for your input.

Return to General Questions