Trouble downloading S6 data

Sentinel-6 collaborative forum

Trouble downloading S6 data

Postby reythia » Fri May 28, 2021 9:41 am

Heya!

I just went to the Earthdata search site, found the LR Sentinel6 data I want (no problems there) and dutifully copied over the bash script to download it. When I tried to run it, I got this error:

---
Unable to Retrieve Data

Please ensure that you have authorized the remote application by visiting the link below

https://archive.podaac.earthdata.nasa.g ... lidated.nc
---

Yes, I verified my username and PW, obviously. And I had no trouble downloading that test file, either. So... any ideas what's up? I'm going to go through the downloaded script now to try and sort it out, but since this is supposed to be a test platform, I figured I'd note that sometimes, something funky happens with the download script.

Have you seen this before? Otherwise, I'll update this thread once I figure out what's going amiss.

Thanks,
Jenni Bonin
reythia

Re: Trouble downloading S6 data

Postby reythia » Fri May 28, 2021 9:54 am

Okay. Interestingly, it's not actually a problem with downloading the data. Just with the line asking if I've got approval to do so. I can download the data perfectly well, once I simply comment out these lines:

# if [ "$approved" -ne "302" ]; then
# # User didn't approve the app. Direct users to approve the app in URS
# exit_with_error "Please ensure that you have authorized the remote application by visiting the link below "
# fi

For now, needless to say, I'm just leaving the lines commented out. But this is presumably something other people will run across too, so it'd be nice to figure out why it's happening!

Best of luck. Let me know what you find. :)
reythia

Return to Sentinel-6MF