LFTP and podaac drive

LFTP and podaac drive

Postby alexfore » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:58 pm

I've been using LFTP to mirror things for many protocols. It doesn't work right with PODAAC drive:
Code: Select all
lftp -u USER,PASSWORD https://podaac-tools.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files
cd /drive/files/OceanWinds/ascat/preview/L2/metop_a/25km/2019/
mirror -c

You'll see it downloads every directory as a file. The HTTPS podaac drive interface doesn't seem to be fully standards compliant is what I think is going on.
alexfore

Re: LFTP and podaac drive

Postby alexfore » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:09 am

Anyways the only acceptable option I have found is to use rclone:

https://rclone.org/

wget makes too much junk, curl is flakey, lftp doesn't work right, and I need to do things in user space (no webdav mounts)
alexfore

Postby podaac » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:37 pm

Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently looking into this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience.
podaac
Site Admin

Postby jroberts » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:08 am

Are there any updates to accessing the drive via LFTP? I've also used LFTP for many years to handle downloads across numerous protocols (including HTTPS).

I am using the latest LFTP (4.8.4, CentOS x86_64)). Any connection attempt results in:
cd: Access failed: 401 Unauthorized (/drive/files)

I know that LFTP allows you to set a number of options ... perhaps something needs to be set in the ~/.lftp/rc file to allow the connection to be made??

However, I can use wget (with user/pass) to download directly from the drive so Im fairly sure Im using the correct information. But, Im having separate issues with wget and recursively downloading.

Any advice is welcome!
jroberts

Return to PO.DAAC Drive