NASA's Earth Now App Stopped Working

NASA's Earth Now App Stopped Working

Postby bikasgaur » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:51 am

I've been using several JPL apps including Space Images, Spacecraft 3D and Earth-Now on my Google Pixel 2. The problem is as I have updated my phone from android 7.0 to android 8.1 today now as I open the Earth Now app it simply loads a blank white screen on the startup and crashes itself after few secs. Any idea how do I get it working again?

Update: I happened to delete and reinstall the latest version of the app from Google Play and it has been running smooth once again. Thanks for the assistance Podaac.

Bikas Gaur
Last edited by bikasgaur on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bikasgaur

Re: NASA's Earth Now App Stopped Working

Postby podaac » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Thank you for your inquiry.

For additional assistance, your request was sent to an Earth-Now app expert. Please see his suggestions below:
==========================================================================

Earth-Now for Android version 2.7.0 (version is visible on google play store page) is tested and working on Android 8.1.0 on a pixel 2 phone.

We recommend that the user visit the google play store and search for the Earth-Now app and install any updates available.

If the user continues to experience trouble with the app, please refer them directly to eyes@jpl.nasa.gov for support from our team.
podaac
Site Admin

Return to General Questions