The Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center (PO.DAAC) is an element of the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS). The EOSDIS provides science data to a wide community of users for NASA's Science Mission Directorate.
The mission of the PO.DAAC is to preserve NASA’s ocean and climate data and make these universally accessible and meaningful.
Since the launch of NASA's first ocean-observing satellite, Seasat, in 1978, PO.DAAC has become the premier data center for measurements focused on ocean surface topography (OST), sea surface temperature (SST), ocean winds, sea surface salinity (SSS), gravity, ocean circulation and sea ice.
In addition to providing access to its data holdings, PO.DAAC acts as a gateway to data stored at other ocean and climate archives. This and other tools and services enable PO.DAAC to support a wide user community working in areas such as ocean and climate research, applied science and industry, natural resource management, policy making, and general public consumption.
Thanks to NASA's open and free data policy, we are able to serve users both in the United States and worldwide.
The PO.DAAC facility is managed and located at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California.
- Alaska Satellite Facility (ASF) DAAC - SAR Products, Sea Ice, Polar Processes, Geophysics
- Crustal Dynamics Data Information System (CDDIS) - Space Geodesy, Solid Earth
- Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) - Global Precipitation, Solar Irradiance, Atmospheric Composition and Dynamics, Global Modeling
- Global Hydrology Resource Center (GHRC) DAAC - Hydrologic Cycle, Severe Weather Interactions, Lightning, Atmospheric Convection
- Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC) - Radiation Budget, Clouds, Aerosols, Tropospheric Chemistry
- Land Processes DAAC (LP DAAC) - Surface Reflectance, Land Cover, Vegetation Indices
- Level 1 and Atmosphere Archive and Distribution System (LAADS) DAAC - MODIS & VIIRS Level-1 and Atmosphere Data Products
- National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) DAAC - Snow and Ice, Cryosphere, Climate Interactions, Sea Ice
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) DAAC - Biogeochemical Dynamics, Ecological Data, Environmental Processes
- Ocean Biology DAAC (OB.DAAC) - Ocean Biology, Sea Surface Temperature
- Socioeconomic Data and Applications Data Center (SEDAC) - Human Interactions, Land Use, Environmental Sustainability, Geospatial Data