As detailed in the 12 July 2021 announcement, the PO.DAAC data archive is being migrated to the NASA Earthdata Cloud, hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS). This transition to the cloud is taking place in several phases.
In an effort to best support the users as they begin transitioning their workflows or data access points to a cloud-based process, PO.DAAC is making the existing datasets from its archive available from and within the Earthdata Cloud as soon as they are available.
We are pleased to announce the public availability of the following PO.DAAC datasets accessible from and within the NASA Earthdata Cloud:
- GHRSST Level 2P Global 1m Sea Surface Temperature from the Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR) on NOAA-19 by NAVO (DOI: 10.5067/GH19G-2PN02)
- GHRSST Level 4 MUR 0.25deg Global Foundation Sea Surface Temperature Analysis Version 4.2 (DOI: 10.5067/GHM25-4FJ42)
- GHRSST Level 2P sub-skin Sea Surface Temperature from the Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR) on Metop-B (GDS V2) by OSI SAF (DOI: 10.5067/GHAMB-2PO02)
- GHRSST Level 2P 1 m Depth Global Sea Surface Temperature from VIIRS on Suomi NPP (GDS2) V2 (DOI: 10.5067/GHVRS-2PN01)
- Gridded Altimeter Fields with Enhanced Coastal Coverage Daily (DOI: 10.5067/USWCD-ALT01)
- CYGNSS Level 1 Full Delay Doppler Map Data Record (DOI: 10.5067/CYGNS-L1FDD)
- CYGNSS Level 3 Climate Data Record Version 1.0 (DOI: 10.5067/CYGNS-L3C10)
- CYGNSS Level 2 Ocean Surface Heat Flux Science Data Record Version 1.0 (DOI: 10.5067/CYGNS-L2H10)
Please note that each user must create a free Earthdata Login Account in order to download files or access PO.DAAC data through the Earthdata Cloud.
PO.DAAC will continue to distribute data from the on-premise archive in addition to making our data available via Earthdata Cloud endpoints. However, on-premise access will be discontinued for migrated datasets at the end of each transition phase, as noted on the Migration section of the PO.DAAC Cloud Data page. For up-to-date information on the migration timeline, please subscribe to the PO.DAAC mailing list.
We encourage all PO.DAAC users to complete their transition of legacy data access scripts and methods to conform to cloud data access endpoints at their earliest convenience. To ensure a successful transition for all PO.DAAC users, our User Services team is standing by to address all technical issues and concerns. A PO.DAAC in the CLOUD Forum has also been set up. For additional information on the PO.DAAC Data Migration to the Earthdata Cloud, please see the announcement from 12 July 2021, the PO.DAAC Cloud Data Page, or the list of resources below.
- Cloud Data page with About, FAQs, Resources, Access Data and Migration information
- PO.DAAC in the CLOUD Forum
- Scripted Access video and python script
- Bulk Download guide
- PO.DAAC Github
- Obtain Earthdata Login Account
- Earthdata Common Metadata Repository (CMR) API
- Earthdata Search Client
- PO.DAAC Cloud Earthdata Search Portal
- Earthdata Cloud Primer documents
*Note: These will continue to evolve and grow as we move forward with the cloud migration.