The PO.DAAC is pleased to announce the public release of the NAVO GHRSST Level 4 K10-SST version 1.0 GDS2.0 Dataset. More information regarding the Group of High Resolution Sea Surface Temperature (GHRSST) Level 4 product is available from the GHRSST website and also via PO.DAAC’s GHRSST mission webpage. Several enhancements over the previous release (DOI: 10.5067/GHK10-41N01) are implemented including:
- Updated and enhanced granule-level metadata information.
- Converted the SST file from GHRSST Data Specification (GDS) v1.0 to v2.0.
- Added the “sea_ice_fraction” variable to the product.
- Updated the filename convention to reflect compliance with GDS2.0.
This dataset provides daily Analyzed Sea Surface Temperature (Analyzed-SST) at a reference depth of 1-meter with global coverage of 0.1x0.1 degree spatial resolution from 9 January 2019 onward. The dataset is formatted as netCDF-4 with adherence to CF-1.6, ACDD-1.3 and ISO-8601 standards.
The NAVO GHRSST Level 4 K10 SST version 1.0 GDS2.0 dataset is described and discoverable via the PO.DAAC dataset information page. Data can be accessed through Drive (https), OPeNDAP, THREDDS and web services. The dataset information page also provides access to the technical documentation and guidance on how to cite the data.
Important Information for Users:
NASA is in the process of deprecating the use of the FTP protocol for data and information access. PO.DAAC is pleased to offer PO.DAAC Drive as a robust FTP alternative for browsing and retrieving data at PO.DAAC (https://podaac-tools.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/). It offers file navigation and download through an interface served directly through your browser, and with a familiar look and feel. It also allows users to access data via a command line so that interactions can be easily scripted.
- For help on using Drive see the PO.DAAC Drive Data Recipes
- For questions or to provide feedback, please visit the PO.DAAC Drive Forum