PODAAC is pleased to announce that 11 more datasets have completed migration into our new cloud-based archive in NASA’s Earthdata Cloud, which is hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS). Information and tutorials describing how to access these datasets can be found on the Cloud Data Migration Page. Users may also find the PO.DAAC Webinar (August 2021) useful as they begin their journey to using cloud-based data.
Datasets listed below are now available from their new locations in the cloud. With these additions, the PO.DAAC has a total of 389 datasets available from its cloud archive.
- AVHRR_OI-NCEI-L4-GLOB-v2.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHAAO-4BC02)
- AVHRR_SST_METOP_A_GLB-OSISAF-L3C-v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHGMA-3CO02)
- AVHRR_SST_METOP_A_NAR-OSISAF-L3C-v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHNMA-3CO02)
- AVHRR_SST_METOP_A-OSISAF-L2P-v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHAMA-2PO02)
- AVHRR_SST_NOAA19_NAR-OSISAF-L3C-v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHN19-3CO02)
- AVHRR18_G-NAVO-L2P-v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GH18G-2PN02)
- CMC0.2deg-CMC-L4-GLOB-v2.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHCMC-4FM02)
- GOES13-OSISAF-L3C-v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHG13-3CO01)
- GOES13-OSPO-L2P-v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHG13-2PO02)
- IASI_SST_METOP_A-OSISAF-L2P-v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHIAS-2PO01)
- MTSAT2-OSPO-L2P-v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5067/GHMT2-2PO02)
Please note that users must register for a free Earthdata Login Account in order to download files or otherwise access data from PO.DAAC through the NASA Earthdata Cloud.
PO.DAAC will continue to distribute these datasets with on-premise access via PO.DAAC Drive, in addition to making our data available via Earthdata Cloud endpoints. However, on-premise access, i.e., PO.DAAC Drive and certain legacy data access tools and services (specifically LAS, CWS, THREDDS), will be discontinued in the near future. Please refer to the migration section of the PO.DAAC Cloud Data page for the cloud migration schedule and the end date for on-premise access. All users are welcome to subscribe to the PO.DAAC mailing list to receive updates by email.
We encourage all PO.DAAC users to complete their transition of legacy data access scripts and methods for compatibility with cloud data access endpoints at their earliest convenience. To ensure a successful transition for all PO.DAAC users, our User Services team is standing by to address all technical issues and concerns. A PO.DAAC in the CLOUD Forum has also been set up as the primary entry point to help address all technical issues and concerns. For additional information on the PO.DAAC Data Migration to the Earthdata Cloud, please see the announcement from 12 July 2021, the PO.DAAC Cloud Data Page, or the list of resources below.
Additional Cloud Resources*
Recommended tool for data downloading and subscribing
General Information about Earthdata (AWS) cloud
PO.DAAC info on cloud
*Note: These will continue to evolve and grow as we move forward with the cloud migration.